Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Tandem Bicycle


My dearest love,


Do you know that you are riding on a tandem bicycle?
We've been cycling on;
the same track; the same bike,
All along.


Have you - noticed my presence?
-had your head turned back?
Darling, I have been trying to catch up,
To be by your side...


Then I realised,
That we're on a tandem bike,
Keeping me behind;
even if I sprint, it'll be useless...


I will never make it up to you,
For I, am sprinting on a tandem bike,
Our journeys affected,
Have you ever noticed? The rider behind your tandem bicycle?


Maybe my dearest love,
You knew it all along,
But what refrained your declaration?
...and refracted us?


Perhaps...
Time?
The length of our seats?
Or merely myself?


One day...
When I am on par with you,
Maybe then...
It is time for you to unravel this.


As for now,
I shall set a chapel in my heart...
And set my foot in it,
Just so that you would turn your head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home