Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cherry Tree


There's an empty seat under the cherry tree,
As I watch from above and reminisce...
Days that were long gone...


Once when I would gather its fruit in my 'skirt basket',
Sit under and dream,
Enjoying its company on lonely evenings...


Now, I watch from above,
Listening to the tappings from a lonely window,
A picture starts to paint...


The empty seat taken,
Joy and excitement fills the air, like before,
I know that it's you...


I'll bring you to my cherry tree,
Together we shall sit under its arms,
Watch the Sun-dance...


You will hear tales and songs,
Gather the cherries,
You, me and the cherry tree...


I know...
I can watch the day; rise to set,
and starless sky...


Listen to still air,
Stay calm in a storm,
By your side...


One day, when you meet the cherry tree...
It'll be through...
'til wrinkled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home